Financial Ombudsman Service
It is our policy to treat all customers the same, however, only eligible complainants may refer their complaint onto the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). Eligible complainants are legally defined and have additional rights in law that we must acknowledge and adhere to.
Eligible complainants are:
– A consumer,
– Companies within the EU definition of a microenterprise,
– Charities with an annual income of under £6,500,000,
– Trustees of a trust with assets of under £5,000,000,
– A small business (only an eligible complainant if the conduct took place after the 1st April 2019),
– A guarantor
The Financial Conduct Authority complaints rules apply to complaints:
– made by, or on behalf of an eligible complainant;
relating to regulated activity;
– involving an allegation that the customer has suffered, or may suffer, financial loss, material distress or material inconvenience.
We will co-operate fully, at all times, with FOS in resolving any complaints made against us and agree to be bound by any awards made by FOS.